Thursday, February 26, 2009

Prayers for Pardon and Amendment

I.
O most sweet Lord Jesus Christ, I, an unworthy sinner, would beg Thee to be mindful of all holy thoughts which have been Thine from eternity until now ; above all, that one by which Thou, O Eternal Word, didst will to become man.

Our Father. . .

O most merciful Lord, I pray Thee, from the bottom of my heart, to pardon me all the vain, foul, and evil thoughts which, up to this hour, I have entertained, or in any way have caused others to entertain, against or beside Thy will.

Our Father. . .

II.
O most compassionate Lord Jesus Christ, I, a miserable sinner, would beg Thee to be mindful of all the good and saving words which Thou didst ever speak when on earth.

Our Father. . .

I humbly pray Thee, O good Jesus, to forgive me all the words which up to this hour I have uttered or caused others to utter against Thy holy will. 

Our Father. . .

III.
O most sweet Jesus Christ, I, an unworthy sinner, yet redeemed by Thy precious Blood, would beg Thee to be mindful of all the good works which Thou wroughtest on the earth for our salvation. I beseech Thee, most compassionate Lord, pardon me whatsoever, by my ill deeds, I have at any time knowingly or unknowingly committed, or have caused others to commit, against Thy law and the glory of Thy name.

Our Father. . .

And now, O most gracious Lord, direct and order all my thoughts, words, and works according to Thy good pleasure, and to the praise of Thy name ; and conform them to the perfect pattern of Thy most holy life and conversation. I am Thine, and will be Thine, O Lord, in life and in death ; into Thy hands I commend myself and all that I have.

Our Father. . .